Seven Things about Me
1. When I was born, the doctor told my mother that I should have had a twin. Apparently early in the pregnancy the twin had died. I often wonder what my twin would have been like? Would it have been a boy or a girl? Would we have been identical or fraternal twins?
2. I am a writer and write web content and have had my writings published in both online and print venues. I'm so glad that my childhood dream of being a published author has come true.
3. I have two grandsons that I am very close to. The oldest has Asperger's Syndrome, which is on the autism spectrum. The youngest is legally blind in one eye. Both boys are doing a great job of adapting. All of that said to let you know that I am a Grandma of two grandsons and each has an invisible disability. Still, I always tell them they can accomplish anything they set their mind to.
4. I drove taxi for 14 years, but wouldn't do it today. I worked the 11:00 am to 2:00 am shift. Yes, that was our shift - 15 hours. I was a single mother at the time and have never been so exhausted in my entire life.
5. I first drove a vehicle when I was six, yes 6, years old. I grew up on a farm and they were a man short, so they put me to driving the pickup truck while the men loaded it with bales of hay. I was short enough that I had to slide my butt down over the edge of the seat to reach the petals. It was expected that I do a good job and not throw the men out of the back of the truck. Instructions were clear, "Don't pop the clutch." Yes, the pickup was a standard and since that time I've driven trucks, tractors, combines, cars, vans and almost any other kind of vehicle you can imagine.
6. When I was three I was accidentally hurt by my grandparent's German shepherd dog. Grandma said that dog cried real tears and she'd never seen anything like it in her life. I had 17 stitches on the right jaw of my face. When I came home from the hospital, I ran from our place to Grandma's because I wanted to show Prince (the dog) that I was alright. Today others see that scar and ask what happened. As for me, unless someone mentions it I forget it's there.
7. My biggest enjoyment in life comes from giving to and helping others. Some people can't understand that, but that is me through and through. I would give anyone the shirt off my back just because they needed it.
I hope you've enjoyed learning these things about me. I never tag people. If you would like to participate in the meme, do so and please let me know. I would enjoy reading seven things about you.